Sunday, September 28, 2008

Part 2- Can this relationshop be saved....

You guys did so well, you don't even need me anymore! That was really good. Our lady was definitely a casual auditory and he was a virulent visual. They did not mesh because she was far to casual , and unkempt for him. Visuals are often viewed as being stuck up because they seem so supercilious. The truth is that they simply have a picture in their mind, and they feel almost compelled to conform to it. What makes it hard for them to get along with audios long term, is that auditory people seem to be very laid back and go with the flow type people. And although visuals (like me) may wish all day we could be that way, and sometimes feel upset with ourselves that we are not. The truth is we are not! I learned a long time ago. You cannot change the basic tenets of your personality, so your best bet is to work with it. Things would have very little chance of working with this couple because they were just too different. (esp. if neither one is interested in massively changing) Their best bet would be to find people more like themselves. The saying that opposites attract is misleading. Yes, opposites do attract initially, then they start to repel. People who see the world completely differently either need to be able to see through the other's eyes as well as their own, or they will most likely not last. I will give one more example. My very young daughter is a very casual auditory. she even listens to music while doing her homework! She is a great dancer, on the drill team and loves to talk for hours (whether we want to hear it or not) I on the other hand am an uptight visual. I like a clean house, cannot relax in a dirty one. Love lots of peace and quiet, movies, and reading. It drives her crazy that I'm extremely organized, and overyly rigid. As well as the fact that I am constantly 'on' her about her room'. It drives me crazy that she loves to talk for hours (either on the phone or in person) and I want peace and quiet. After years of dissension about it, she finally learned to talk to me in a pithy manner, ie, coming to the point and making it short. We've learned to close her room door so everyone does not have to see it. I still demand she clean it every week. But in between I know it' s going to be a mess, so I don't go looking through it, and getting upset. When she wants something, now she will talk about how her job is done, or her room is clean, or show us some good grades. See she has learned to think outside of her own spectrum, in order to get what she wants in life! And ladies you must learn to do the same! If your man is auditory by all means do auditory things (sing, dance, talk, listen etc. Tell him how much you love his voice, speak in the same slow melodic voice he uses. Play up the similarities between you. But if he's visual-never be lax about your appearance or how the house looks. And NEVER EVER drown him in feelings! Visuals hate to be drowned in feelings (esp. by ppl they don't know well). If he's a kinestetic -touch him! Tell him how much he means to you and how glad you are that he's there. Tell him something about this relationship feels totally right. Learn to wrap your man around your finger just like babies do. They instinctively know how to get you to think they are the most precious adorable creatures God ever created..... Just keep in mind that you want to play up how much you two are alike! -and make him feel like you are the only one who understands him! If he is visual, you should have him thinking to himself: "I can SEE myself making her my wife! Or if he's auditory he should be thinking: " Something TELLS me she's the one!" Or if he's kinestetic he should be thinking: " I've never FELT this way about a woman before!"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just started reading the blog is there a previous blog that tell us which one of the three we are dealing with? Thanks soooooo much!!!

Taylor-Sara said...

Anon, it is referring to the one right before. There is a post that is more in depth about the visual. I will find it and come back and tell you which post it is. As for the others I have not gone in depth yet, but I will....-so look for them....

Felicity said...

Thank you for this blog, I am learning so much from you.

Velvet Queen said...

Excellent post! A lot of women make the mistake of trying to not so talkative man to talk (even though they may mean well) and end up loosing the man altogether.

This is so enlightening.

Sandz said...

Okay soooo I feel kinda screwed. (and I am usually optimistic).

Being an engineer (which I hate my career - but that is another story), I prefer to wear jeans (the holier the better) and a shirt. Over the years I progressed to blouse-like shirts but still love the jeans and sneakers, or cool Skecher sandals. I switched over to a group where we are not allowed to wear jeans, but I still would rather NOT dress up.
I like to keep dressing up for special occasions, and I can only wear heels for a few minutes at a time.
So I will wear nice slacks, a blouse, and since I should have a job where I am outdoors more than in, I wear some sort of sweater or jacket to stay warm in the air conditioned and freezing buildings. On my feet Skechers Premium - broke my foot in March and wearing these are so much more comfortable.

So....uhhh the guys that dress clean and pristine look great, but if I am not what they are seeking visually - what the heck?

I am Kinesthetic and Auditory. I become visual when I think of someone coming to my house, or going out and I want to make a good impression. But too because of the kinesthetic part of me - if I don't 'feel' you, you aren't getting in my house anyway.

So....let's go with online dating, since my schedule is hectic and I have been browsing. Most guys want to put their beest foot forward as do I, but how do I know if he's kinesthetic, or auditory.

And btw my daughter is sooooo Auditory it isn't even funny. Yes I can handle most of her stories, but other times, when I am not feeling it, she has to be short and to the point.

At the rate I am going, working far from home, and now taking classes to switch careers, I am looking at ohhh late 40's before finding anyone. (I'm in my late 30's)

Please help my panicking heart.

BTW I think I am the only one in my group who is a kinesthetic learner. They all thought I was a know-it-all, and didn't think I needed to ask questions. Once someone finally approached me about it I finally told them I learn by DOING, THEN I know what questions to ask.

Anonymous said...

I have to confess I have missed the cues big time for two visual men. Ladies what this blog says is so the truth, my experience in a nutshell.
Guy#1 We talked on the phone but not too much he only wanted me to be the last thing and first thing in the day he spoke to, we text alot, clue#1, he dropped hints that everything was in its place, in order at his home, he hate disorganization, clue#2. I went to see him for a date(the last one) and I wore flip flops a tee shirt and some shorts, he had a polo shirt, jeans, and loafers..makeup not put together..he was so turned off despite our great conversation he did not want to see me again, he assumed 1. I did not take him or us seriously 2. If this is how i was in the beginning what will be i be like two months down the road. Also that was the date I was to meet his friends...I regret it to this day

Guy#2 Similar scenario to the story she mentioned. My date drove six hours from Richmond and I met him at the door, old tee shirt, sweat pants, and a doo rag, and barefoot...He was well pressed shirt and very nice jeans, new haircut etc...He had that uncomfortable feeling and knew it was not going to work,(I knew two weeks before that, but went along to see if I was wrong. He left after an hour and drove back to Richmond, before he could tell me his feelings with what he saw...I felt so badly, but I relize that I am tall 6'0 slender woman, so I am going to attract more visual tnat auditory men, they respond well to women with presence and assumes a put together for dates, casual or otherwise...

Anonymous said...

anony. @ 3:11 p.,. YOU STUCK and YOU ARE A BAD EXAMPLE.
If this story really did transpire I would not tell any one I was so dumb.
Why wouldn't you want to impress a new guy and he was dress for a date. A six hour drive for what a chick in freaking flip flops? Stop playing games. People like you make it harder for the rest of us who are sincere.

I would have been dressed and I would have had something for the guy to drink and something light for him to eat. Why not the guy drove six hours to see you.

LOL...I know he was cussing you out in his car.

anonymous bw

Anonymous said...

Thank you anon bw..I wish those stories were not true but they are..and you have made valid points but what I have learned is that this is my history to share not to mope in regret, I have learned from the experience and have grown from it. My behavior to these men was my deep desire to have the relationship end becuase I was not ready and I did not know how to verbalize it. The Richmond guy and I spoke I apologized and he was hurt because he felt that my behavior was on purpose and that I was not ready or prepared for a relationship. Now the next guy will reap the benefits of my history because I have learned from my mistakes and it would be hard pressed for me to step outside and not be a bit polished even if its jeans and uggs..its not sloppy.

Anonymous said...

Sandz...
I am looking at ohhh late 40's before finding anyone. (I'm in my late 30's)
_____

Don't feel bad, I am late 30's also. I am in the middle of a change too that should be completed in year or two (writing a sci-fi IRromance novel, I am already on chap. 4! lol)
I had wanted to teach biology or pursue Dietitics or Sports Medicine at some later date. But I want to be creative...hey at least as a writer, I can WORK FROM HOME!!


I am also very feeling as well as auditory (I LOVE various kinds of music esp. sci-fi soundtracks. i.e. all the star treks and the star wars) I am visual as well, as I enjoy art and color and I know how to put it all together, was always an 'A' student in art...plus I like sparkly/glittery things. With that said I can take music, for example, and visualize the scene I want- like something straight out of a movie.(Watching a movie with its score and capturing a mood i.e. feeling.)

My boys are HIGHLY visual as they are both top notch art students. Their science strength is in anatomy as they can visualize where each body part is and get 'A's. (Draw it in 3D.) Their teachers have been approaching me about putting them in A.P.art. My younger son in early elementary days used to draw "The Enterprise" schematics on engineering paper in various positions...LOL. You know,like front,side, back, top, bottom. You'd think an engineer did it.Before that he drew tornados.LOL My older son draws football players in action and the placement of each limb is awesome.

Hmmm, I guess I am able to deal with any of the variations of men. But I do find auditory/feeling being stronger for me to pick up...LOL

bwdb said...

Remember...The point of these entries is to provide a teaching/learning environment...Not to make others feel bad about past choices which they've already owned up to...

Sandz said...

phantom mare

sorry I took so long - I kept checking for a while, no responses, and then I stopped checking - well I'll be... lol

Okay so change, as long as it is good for you, doesn't matter what age you are.

I'd like to work from home too. Just trying to figure a way to reduce the expenses, and of course get my skills up to par to make good money.

I was thinking about your description of your sons. I Love art and music, but how they go together and make me feel, or what emotions I can derive from what I am taking in. I guess since I was a music Minor instead of visual arts, I am kinesthetic/auditory.
In the mornings, when I swim, I like to feeeeel the water through my being. Okay it doesn't literally happen because I am human, but you get the idea. and since I have to wear earplugs makes it all the better.

I just hope I do eventually meet someone who works with the kinesthetic side of me, but is also appealing to me too.
I know this may sounds shallow, but the guys I meet who are totally attracted to me, I do not find them physically attractive.

Are we as women supposed to overlook the physical attractiveness part?

Just checking.

Anonymous said...

Update from Anony@3:11pm. I was the female who wrote the story about my dating misteps with two visual guys. Well good to say I am at the dating scene again and I am utilizing my expereince and advice from this blog and Evia's interracial blog. Things are going very well and rather than use my past to help me settle I find myself raising the bar not only for myself but for the men that come across my steps. I have met someone who I am very interested in and we both pass the physical attraction test for each other and I am now trying to stay strong to enjoy his company and see if I want to go to the next level with him. Staying strong includes holding off sex, which I have already informed him. And he is so fine, 6'0 gym rat and beautiful blue eyes, so it is very hard for me but I am at a place where sex with my husband to be sounds better than sex with the guy I had dinner with at the Cheesecake factory. Again, the advice from this blog is priceless and is a big piece of my change in behavior..I now date for marriage and not just to date.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous December 5, 2008 9:02 PM I hear what you are saying. I too am being more conscious in my dating. I am also dating not to fill a lonely night, but to find a husband to share my life. Good luck in your search!